Profile Picture

camshaft choices

Posted By Dan Lau Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Bought 1959 292 Y block at swap meet quite inexpensive. He did not want to carry it home. No oil pan or pump just loaded short block.Tanked, decked and .030 over as was 3.75 original bore for new forged pistons.Found a set of 5752-113 posted heads that will receive stainless steel valves ,ported chambers, milled and roller rockers.Connecting Rods will be shaved and ARP fasteners attached to a polished and balanced rotating assembly. Finished off with appropriate Edelbrock carburetor setting on top of Mummert manifold.Camshafts (USA made) this is where I am looking for the “brain trust” of this group for help. Clay Smith, Howard or Isky? Some sage advice will be appreciated,

Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
I’m partial to Isky myself.  While Isky has 4 grinds listed in their catalog for the Ford Y, they have a multitude of custom grinds available.  All of them are available in almost any lobe centerline you desire.  As a general rule, a wider lobe centerline will provide a smoother idle with a higher idle manifold vacuum while camshafts with narrower lobe centerlines have a rumpier idle with a decrease in the idle manifold vacuum.  Here are the spec sheets for just a few of them.  That last one listed is not recommended for iron heads due to the extreme valve lift involved.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3039033e-9577-4ba8-b5ea-cfbd.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b7111de4-3cf7-40eb-b2bf-3485.jpg  

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/49d9a37c-a0f1-4cec-ae3b-1a40.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e7c37021-cbc3-4826-a3b0-32d1.jpg  

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Dan Lau
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Ted Eaton thanks for your reply. Looking into rocker shafts  I called Harlan Sharp or Custom Speed parts spoke to Randy Jr.
He said that their 1.6 roller rockers are all sent to you and to speak to you about purchasing them. Pleas, let me know the cost and availability.
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Dan Lau (9/20/2023)
Ted Eaton.  Thanks for your reply. Looking into rocker shafts, I called Harlan Sharp or Custom Speed parts & spoke to Randy Jr.
He said that their 1.6 roller rockers are all sent to you and to speak to you about purchasing them. Please let me know the cost and availability.

For the current pricing on the Harland Sharp 1.6:1 roller rocker arm assemblies, just send me an email.  My mail address is found under the ‘Contact Us’ tab at www.eatonbalancing.com   .

Keep in mind that the iron head HS rocker arm assemblies are different from the aluminum head assemblies.  If for aluminum heads, I will need the billet rocker arm stands that are supplied with the aluminum heads.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter