Profile Picture

Holley Teapot interchange question

Posted By geo56 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I am running a Holley teapot carb on a 56 victoria that I am tinkering with. It is currently just a yard driver. I noticed a gas leak at the rear of the carb and traced it to the large brass screw, the fuel inlet plug at the rear of the main body. I tried to tighten the screw and found that the threads  were stripped . as a temporary fix, I took out the screw and eliminated the gasket and smeared a bit of JB weld on the threads of the brass plug. Eliminating the gasket allowed the plug to catch on some of the deeper threads and it tightened enough to seal and not leak. Good enough for a yard driver for now, but I will need a new main body should I decide to rebuild this carb. I have an extra core from a 55 teapot but not a 56. I have observed that the main body top cover is obviously different when comparing the 55 to 56 teapots and the brass tubes feeding into the top covers are different. However, the main bodies on 55 and 56 models appear identical. I also remember that the 56 models have discharge nozzles and the 55's don't. I remember because I broke the beak off of one of those nozzles trying to pry it out years ago. I hope someone on here might know if the main bodies on these two years are interchangeable.  Thanks

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Holley Teapot interchange question By geo56 ( Last Year )
Forum Post If the 55-56 Tbird Teapots are the same carburetors used on the... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post I am aware of the choke differences on the 55 and 56 carbs and can see... By geo56 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Can (or could you have) just drilled and tapped for a larger screw? I... By Deyomatic ( Last Year )
Forum Post Sal Cicala and David Arey specialize in teapots. They may have parts.... By paul2748 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Seems ; The Idle air bleed could be different size Accelerator pump... By Robs36Ford ( Last Year )
Forum Post I did not expect that the 55 model would have a smaller bore on the... By geo56 ( Last Year )
Forum Post If you can let me know the list number of your particular carburetor,... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post I'm spending some time in a nursing home and would like to research... By mikemudd ( Last Year )
Forum Post I'm rebuilding a Holley 4000 and have become interested in the spring... By mikemudd ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]mikemudd (11/10/2023)[/b][hr]I'm rebuilding a Holley 4000... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Very informative. Thanks, Ted. By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post I have done quite a lot of Patent search on it and this is what I... By Robs36Ford ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]Robs36Ford (11/11/2023)[/b][hr].... 3223391 - 1965. This one... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post I had no idea that the Teapot was used on other makes/applications... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post Mike's Carburetor" has the Holley parts lists for '55 & '56 Ford 4000... By mikemudd ( Last Year )
Forum Post Hello I have been looking into buying a a carb kit for a 56 lincoln... By cos ( Last Year )
Forum Post Mike's kits have only the screw in type seat. Other kits have both... By mikemudd ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote]One casting, ECZ-9510-L List 1162-2[/quote] ECZ-9510-L is... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter