Profile Picture

New plugs

Posted By DANIEL TINDER Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Just a minor note:
Since the days of leaded fuel have long past, I had gotten largely oblivious to plug maintenance (my Jap grocery-getter goes 100K).  Since the Bird was running well, it wasn’t until a recent seeming unrelated (leaky steel head gaskets/coolant pressure) issue incited a plug change.  For quite a while now, the car had been rather ‘bogging’ off the line, and I was thinking it probably was time to again change accelerator pumps.  But, after recently installing a new set of indexed plugs I had put aside years ago, now when I tromp the throttle in low gear, the tires chirp! Go figure.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

I wouldn't think that indexing the plugs would make that much difference, but new plugs could. 
DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

55blacktie (9/7/2023)
I wouldn't think that indexing the plugs would make that much difference, but new plugs could. 

Obviously. Unless the pump-seal had been loose, and suddenly re-seated itself.
Side benefit of the indexing was the numbered boxes (easier to keep track of which plugs came from what cylinders). 

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter