Profile Picture

3 speed overdrive quit shifting

Posted By Tazx100 Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)Supercharged (213 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Coming home yesterday my 55 farilane town sedan quit shigting into od, I put the od handle in non od and it had back pressure when I let off moved it back into od and it freewheeled when I let off. The car dosent have to have a new clutch installed but since the od quit shifting I figured it would be best to go ahead and replace the clutch and it would be a lot easier to replace the soelnoids, wiring and kick down switch. If anyone has any advice on issues I might run into or where to get parts would be great. Thanks.

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 3 speed overdrive quit shifting By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Did you check the fuse mounted on the overdrive relay? By peeeot ( Last Year )
Forum Post yes I have power on both sides of the fuse By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post For a quick check of the solenoid run a heavy gage wire direct from... By Dobie ( Last Year )
Forum Post A shop manual can be very helpful and informative when dealing with... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post Ive got a shop manual and Ive been studying it but I cant get comfy... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post You may find this helpful:... By Dobie ( Last Year )
Forum Post On line manual for free. Maybe more in the electrical trouble... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post Does the ‘kick-down’ switch ever fail in the OD ‘off’ situation? I... By DANIEL TINDER ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks guys I appreciate the help, Ive never used the kick down switch... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Something to think about when looking at the wiring diagram. The... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post Yes I have a voltmeter and thankfully a lift. I would rate my self as... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post You got it all right. If you suspect the governor is at fault, you can... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post When the car quit shifting I couldnt hear the clicking on the firewall... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Bypass the relay with a jumper wire from the battery to the relay... By Dobie ( Last Year )
Forum Post I grounded out the govenor at the back of the trans and I could hear... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Supercharged Im headed that way but at this point I am stuck at the... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post The procedure is to ground the one and only wire that goes to the... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post I would say if you heard something click back there it had to be the... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post I took the car for a late evening spin and now its shifting in and out... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post Explaining things in text is not one of my strong points and I truly... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post I suspect that manually actuating the kick down switch “wiped” the... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post I sure appreciate you guys help Im not much on chat either trying to... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post At least you know it was an electrical problem and I tend to agree... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks, I did learn more about the od system and t bird products has... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]miker (8/23/2023)[/b][hr] I suspect that manually... By DANIEL TINDER ( Last Year )
Forum Post Re kick down switch. I don’t know that actuating it would matter... By miker ( Last Year )
Forum Post I have been monitoring my voltage with a rigged up voltmeter going... By Tazx100 ( Last Year )
Forum Post FYI: Just as an aside (when you get the OD working again), there are a... By DANIEL TINDER ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter