Profile Picture

Car show

Posted By DANIEL TINDER Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Stopped to look (very large local show), but only one Y-Block there.  A ‘57 Fairlane (?) HT.  Heavily customized, and absolutely EVERYTHING under the hood (except the engine block & alum. radiator) was chrome plated (polished Mummert intake though).  I WAS intending to hang around and speak to the owner, but all the body/etc. custom work was in such poor taste, upon reflection, I thought better of it.
BTW: Star of that show for me was a perfectly restored Lincoln Zephyr V-12.  Never seen one before.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
Marc
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Well at least the owner kept the Y-block in there, gotta give him credit for that.
When I come across a car like that I fully expect to see a SBC under the hood.
darrell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 54 minutes ago
we have a local show friday night in the summer usually 3 or 4 y blocks.i tell that to others and they tell me their lucky to get one.

Marc
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last show I went to was a small local show, maybe 30 cars. Three y-blocks there, including mine. 10% ain't too bad!
DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Marc (7/22/2023)
Well at least the owner kept the Y-block in there, gotta give him credit for that.
When I come across a car like that I fully expect to see a SBC under the hood.

True.  Dummy lake pipes, cheesy paint colors, fuzzy dice, inch-off-the-ground, etc. theme,, and when I saw the generic chrome finned valve covers, I then started to walk away thinking… ‘SBC’🤮
Until, I finally noticed the distributor location and the two-bolt-hold-down ‘T’ nuts.😁

MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

I have real lake pipes, black on black, with fuzzy dice and a 3" lowering job. Plus "generic" Offenhauser finned valve covers on my blown 292 (bored to 325). So now I'm cheesy?

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Definitely not!  Your car is a perfect example of what I consider a true 50s/60s-era classic custom/hot-rod done in excellent taste (IMHO), and thus you get a pass for the fuzzy dice (unless those spotlights are dummies?….but, even if real, maybe a bit ‘over the top’?).  

MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Spotlights are dummies and exactly what we had in the late 50's. The true Appelton's were way expensive even then. I've often thought of wiring them with a light but can't decide on the bulb color. The slot mags are a nod to the 60's and the setup for when I go racing. Otherwise I run the spiders with beauty rings.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I always liked baby moons with beauty rings.  Standard back then though if you didn’t have AR mags, was spun alum. full moons or (Plymouth?) ‘flipper’ hubcaps, that were popular also (and would likely look real natural on your car).

MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Old's flippers was the hoot. Most of the time I just ran no hubcaps and contrast painted wheels. It took money for the other stuff. Had my share of baby moons along the way.

Y's guys rule!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter