Profile Picture

REX 4 tube headers for '54-'57 Ford cars

Posted By Lord Gaga Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Is anyone on the forum running these headers? Thinking of getting a pair for my '57 stick shift car. I would like to hear some opinions before I shell out the big bucks. Also wondering about fitment on a '57.
Ted, have you dyno tested them? If not do you think that they might be equal to or better than the Red's 1.625" 4 tube hdrs for a 55/56 car that you tested? I'm just guessing that they might be.
Thanks

"FREE SAMPLE"
Carefree Charlie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I have a set on a 56 Ford Tudor Customline w rack and pinion steering. The company would not guarantee fitment with the rack/pinion but I only had to dent one tube slightly. It probably would have cleared but heat causes expansion and I didn't want that to be an issue. I have had no problem with the headers. I did get them treated with a coating here in Phoenix. Have to admit to maybe only 200 miles on them. I would post a couple pictures but that appears to be broken right now. Send me an email address and I can send you some pictures.
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Carefree, was your engine broken-in before you installed the coated headers? 
Carefree Charlie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Yes. I had been using 4 into 1 headers which were miserable according to Ted's testing. I looked into and had tried Red's 4 tube headers. For me, I could not get to the number 8 plug with Red's without removing the header. I then went to Rex's because the picture looked like the tube's all cleared the plugs. It worked and plug clearance has not been a problem with Rex's 4 tube header.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter