Profile Picture

Murphy Switchgear Oil Pressure Gaug

Posted By Richard Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8268e00c-9cf9-41fe-88c2-4df.jpeg

I found this on eBay and think it’s a good idea. You can set the oil pressure to kill the ignition if it drops below a certain point.
This one has a bypass feature you push to bypass for starting. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/36eac26b-5d10-4187-b8ed-24c.jpeg

Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago
Never knew those particular gauges to be available.  I’m quite familiar with the pressure switches that go into the oil galley but not a gauge that incorporated the same safety feature.  Undoubtedly those gauges were originally designed for the stationary and/or industrial engine applications.  Those gauges are definitely an easier to install option than the sensors that screwed into the oil galley and required some additional wiring to complete the deal.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Richard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)Supercharged (844 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Yes Ted they are used in stationary engines in industrial climates. The company is still in business, you can google there site. How these instruments fit into our world I’m not sure yet.
Maybe engine break-in, racing, and maybe street. I plan to instal mine but I am hung up how to set it up without having to trigger bypass switch every time. 
Thanks,
Richard
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
At one time anyone running an electric fuel pump had to have a shut off triggered by the car or engine in our racing organization. They settled on a rear bump switch like modern cars a few years later but I installed one in the oil pressure system with a 15psi cut off to the ignition. 
It looks like this one you press the button that’s at 7:00 o’clock while starting and let go when you see oil pressure. Just a guess it’s internally wired. They had to make it easy and pretty fool proof. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter