Profile Picture

Thermostat and housing

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

Can't figure out my thermostat and housing. There's stuff inside the housing that I can't figure out if it's supposed to stay or come out. The thermostat I got at Napa seems to be too small but it says guaranteed to fit. The Napa guy looked at the pieces that came with it and looked at pics online, and couldn't figure out how it is supposed to go. It seems to be too small a diameter and will drop into the intake. I'm attaching a few pics so if anyone knows what's up with it, I'd appreciate some advice. It's for my 54 Lincoln Capri

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
It doesn’t look like your normal thermostat. By Googling 1954 Lincoln thermostat you can that Gates offers one for $16

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
It appears that part of an old thermostat is stuck in the housing.  Also, the new thermostat is too small, probably won't have enough flow for the Lincoln.  Remove the old part from the housing and get the correct thermostat for the Lincoln.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter