Profile Picture

Wiring along radiator support 57 Ford Fairlane 500

Posted By russonator Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
Thanks for having me in the group. I have a '57 500 Club Sedan with dual quad 312 and a question on original Ford wiring. For the wires that run along the radiator support, do they belong on the radiator side or horn side? Looks like the stock clips could go on either way. TIA

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
56 went in front of the radiator support. What air cleaner do you have on your dq’s??

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
russonator
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)Turbocharged (72 reputation)

DryLakesRacer (5/7/2023)
56 went in front of the radiator support. What air cleaner do you have on your dq’s??

Thank you for the info. I have the OEM air cleaner with the H-1 stamping.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e11f8a24-9a53-48a1-9e49-4b84.png

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Is the H-1 the oval?
 I have dual quads on my 56; it’s a copy of the over-the-parts counter law enforcement kit with an original red  Purolator NASCAR mandated one. I believe the civilian and law enforcement kit came with an oval one. On a T-bird site a member had found information that there were only 103 kits made. I’ve seen photos of the kit but it had the Purolator air cleaner. Dit the E Code 57 car come with the round like I’ve seen on 57 T-Birds or oval . . . . I’m just wondering.Thanks
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/618f91f9-4ca4-4866-8d1c-0cb.jpeg

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
russonator
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

UPDATE: I got this sorted on another forum. Turns out I inherited some bad wiring and no wires should be going along the top radiator support on a '57. PO had routed the headlight and park light wires there when they should go along the nose panel. 
russonator
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

DryLakesRacer (5/8/2023)
Is the H-1 the oval?
 I have dual quads on my 56; it’s a copy of the over-the-parts counter law enforcement kit with an original red  Purolator NASCAR mandated one. I believe the civilian and law enforcement kit came with an oval one. On a T-bird site a member had found information that there were only 103 kits made. I’ve seen photos of the kit but it had the Purolator air cleaner. Dit the E Code 57 car come with the round like I’ve seen on 57 T-Birds or oval . . . . I’m just wondering.Thanks
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/618f91f9-4ca4-4866-8d1c-0cb.jpeg

The H-1 is round. I have seen dual quad T'birds with either round or oval air cleaners. The round one is different from the passenger H-1 though. I haven't come across your setup before. Looks pretty cool, though!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter