Profile Picture

throttle shaft bushings

Posted By cos Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Hello members   Have ask around about throttle shaft bushing  4000 teapot carbs. Does anyone here have any info.  Bill Oregon
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Contact Sal Cicala
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Sal is a whiz at rebuilding Holley 4000s and like me, I believe he gets most of his parts from Daytona Parts at https://daytonaparts.com

I have purchased the bushings kit from TeeBird AutoParts in Exton, PA. Their website is https://www.tee-bird.com, but you are better off just giving them a call during a weekday. Bill Stratton and the boys know their stuff, but their website is a little wonky.

I do have some rebuilding information on my personal website and there are some handy videos if you are interested. The main like to these blog posts are here: https://www.hotrodreverend.com/blog/categories/carburetor. If you scroll down on that page, there are quite a few blog entries where Holley 4000s are highlighted.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

cos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Thanks Dan  I will give them a call.  I guessing you have replaced the bushings before. I have watched your video but didn't recall that part.  Did you have a bushing driver and reamer for job? Cos
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

I have not had to replace any of the bushings on the current Holley 4000s I have - it ended up being the throttle shaft being worn, not the bores in the carb base. And, the bushings in the kit from TeeBird
Auto are not made of metal. I would think they could steer you though when you call them.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

cos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks  Dan  Bushing kit is on its way. Said instructions are with kit, were they with your kit?  I do not know  for sure OD of shaft are suppose to be. I measured in a spot that  was not touching anything and came up with .2765. They told me bushing are .277 ID  and .340 OD, I got a .340 on carbs ID bore but didn't have a inside mis that small for sure measure.  Original brass bushings are about (?) .006 to .008  under shaft size must be replaced. Now  trying to figure out how to brass bushing out. Maybe instruction will help. Cos
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

All of my stuff is still in a POD or in the UHAUL truck, literally... Lovely thing out here in California. You can put a contract on a house, have a closing date of May 3rd, and then discover that the tenant's lease is not up until June 30. Nope - I have not gone to closing and the thing is still in escrow. We will get out of it tomorrow, I'm sure. All this does is seriously push back my effort to get settled in out here. It will be quite some time before I can dig into things - it's all packed away. Fun times.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Dan, maybe you can tap the bushing bores 5/16 and use a bolt, nut, and bushing with 3/8 ID and pull the bushing out.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

John - good tip!

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter