Profile Picture

Oil galley plug

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
someone please get me the part number for the oil galley plug with the star pattern holes in it that oils the distributor gear. I can't find it in the manual. The one that was in my engine when I got it rebuilt is sticking out too far and preventing me from installing the distributor. I tried grinding the back of it so it would give me more room but it is going in just about two turns, still hitting the gear. I don't know if it's the correct part or not. It's 1/2" with size 20 threads. It is currently 1/4" long and I believe needs to be flush with the block. I'm really confused and aggravated. I think it may need to be tapered in the rear so it can go in further

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Brad, it appears the plug was not installed after the machine work, or worse yet, installed in the wrong hole.  If it is, there may be an oil pressure loss or leak or a coolant leak.  Let's hope not.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
It was installed, I believe it's not what was in it when the mechanic took it apart to tank it. He probably put one in that was a bit longer than the original. I just grinded the front off and installed it and the distributor slid right in. So the issue has been resolved. Thanks all

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter