Profile Picture

Installing distributor issues

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Ok. So I got my distributor back from the shop. Again, it's out of a 60 fyb. Going in a 317 lyb. I did swap out the gear on the distributor, the correct oil pump and shaft. When I put it in the hole for the distributor it seems to be too tight going in the small hole where the shaft comes out of. There was some minor surface rust on the bottom of the distributor shaft that I removed using a Dremel and grinding tip. But it still won't go down into the hole. The gear and cam gear don't mesh yet. Want any info to resolve this issue.
Plus, do I turn the engine until the no 1 piston is tdc on the timing mark or do I stop it btdc so the distributor gear is lined up when it rotates going down? Plus, if the bottom of the shaft rotates, how much clearance does there need to be in the hole that the shaft goes in to hook up with the intermediate shaft?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter