Profile Picture

12 volt window motors

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Wow. Those diagrams are pretty cool. Since I'll be rewiring the whole car and converting to 12 volts that diagram is something I'll be getting. Thanks for the heads up.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
A wire diagram for your car, especially one from ClassicCarWiring.com in color, will show you connection points and the original colors of the wiring. In the utility business it’s also known as an elementary drawing and used for troubleshooting. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Dobie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Replacing the wires would require disassembling the motors, a job best left to a pro. There is no way I know of to test them on the bench.
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Thanks. Appreciate it. Is there a way to replace the wires? How do I test them with a battery? Not sure what hooks to what

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Dobie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ford used the same motor for anything with power windows/seats into the late 50's/early 60's They're very stoutly built so I 'd bet your 6 volt ones are operable. They will work fine on 12 volts, just keep your fingers out of the way when raising the glass. You can use heat shrink to insulate the frayed wires; I just went through all this on my '55 Merc.
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Anyone know if window motors for a 56ish fomoco will fit my 54 Lincoln Capri? I'm going to be converting the car to 12 volt and think converting the power window motors will be a good idea. They are all just sitting in the bottom of the doors, not installed so I don't know if they work. The wiring are really frayed so I can't get them to work by hooking up to a battery.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter