Profile Picture

Fan assembly part?

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week

Part #8546. Can't find mine. What's it called? Available somewhere?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Dobie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Fan spacer. Available from Summit and other online hot rod suppliers. Also from Advance auto Parts, AutoZone, etc. They won't look exactly the same as the original but will do the job.
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

The length of the spacer is important. You don't want the fan to be too close/too far away from the radiator. the edge of the fan should be about 1/4" outside the shroud.  
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

I'm finding many different ones out there with 8546 in the numbers. Different letters before and after. Some advertised as Ford. If someone knows the length that would help. AutoZone and advanced don't have mine. Summit has different sizes. Sure wish I could just find mine

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
A Lincoln master parts catalog may help in determining the length.  Otherwise just determine the length once you have the engine back in the chassis and order a new one.  Recently ran into this when converting a ’60 ford to a later model water pump and new radiator as the original spacer was no longer adequate.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter