Profile Picture

Intake gasket orientation

Posted By Richard Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Ted 
thank you very much now I can continue 
Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
As the Ford Y gaskets from Fel-Pro and Best Gasket will only install one way due to their being a left and right side gasket, metal up is good.  I typically just remove those metal pieces from the gaskets for the aluminum head installations as the heads do not have the heated crossover capability when shipped.  This eliminates the potential for the distortion that’s caused when leaving the metal shim on the gasket.  Having a functional heated crossover on the aluminum heads only occurs by drilling an appropriately sized hole in the cross-over port within the heads to make that feature operational.  If doing that, the metal shim on the gasket would be retained.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Richard
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I think goofed by installing the intake gasket with metal tab facing up. Blue Thunder intake and Mummert Aluminum Heads 
not sure it maters, please advise,
Thanks Richard

Reading This Topic

Site Meter