Profile Picture

Fuel pump for ethanol

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I read classified ads saying that their fuel pump is ethanol ready. What does that entail? Rebuilding my 317 and just put the original back on. If I need to rebuild it with a special kit let me know where I might find one. Plus, is it a difficult job?
Can't believe no one has a comment.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
mjs
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Months Ago
I rebuilt the fuel pumps for my Lincoln's with kits I ordered from Herb at Lincoln Old Parts.  They were both done over 15 years ago and I have had no issues with ethanol gas.  They were relatively easy to do,.  They have a couple of diaphragms, a couple of valves, and a spring or two.  Remember that two different pumps were used.  One an AC and the other Carter.  'They both work fine but they do require different kits.  The AC has AC stamped on the housing in large hard to miss letters.  Lincoln Old Parts has kits for both.  

MIke

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Ethanol has been around quite a few years now - maybe 20 or over ?  If so, any rebuild kits may have been made with that in mind in your time frame.

mjs (3/28/2023)
I rebuilt the fuel pumps for my Lincoln's with kits I ordered from Herb at Lincoln Old Parts.  They were both done over 15 years ago and I have had no issues with ethanol gas.  They were relatively easy to do,.  They have a couple of diaphragms, a couple of valves, and a spring or two.  Remember that two different pumps were used.  One an AC and the other Carter.  'They both work fine but they do require different kits.  The AC has AC stamped on the housing in large hard to miss letters.  Lincoln Old Parts has kits for both.  

MIke

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

PF Arcand
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
B-Rad; Does your pump need rebuilding?. If not, either use premium gas without Ethanol or an additive like "Sta-bil 360" that is designed to neutralize Ethanol.... 

Paul
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Didn't know about stabil 360. Good info to know. If the pump works after it gets running and doesn't leak, it'll be easier to keep it as is and use additive. Thx

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter