Profile Picture

Best way to move parts and a car across country?

Posted By Daniel Jessup Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 hours ago
I will be moving from Milford, Ohio to Lancaster, California within the next several weeks. Like many of us on this site, I have quite a collection of Y Block parts, 55/56 Ford parts, and thankfully only one car (1955 Ford Club Sedan) to move. The church in California is paying for the move and has left things open-ended, telling me to move out to California any way that I deem feasible. If you have any recommendations on transporters I would appreciate it. Setting up the 55 Ford to haul across the country should not be that big of a deal, but I do wonder about the parts, etc. With all of the Y Block parts I have, they will not be scrapped even if I have to hold a fire sale. There are quite a few in NC as well in Walkertown (Winston Salem) and if you live near that area I can give you a location and a time that I will be there to take care of a few things. I would like to take as much as I can with me. 

One note - the new location in Lancaster will put me 3 and a half hours north of Mummert and 3 and a half hours south of McMaster. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Marc
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When I moved my '57 from CT to Texas last year, I used Bill's Auto Transport. He's got a listing on the HAMB. I believe he operates out of Ohio.
He did an outstanding job. Very professional. I had no worries at all that my car would be delivered safely.
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Marc (3/24/2023)
When I moved my '57 from CT to Texas last year, I used Bill's Auto Transport. He's got a listing on the HAMB. I believe he operates out of Ohio.
He did an outstanding job. Very professional. I had no worries at all that my car would be delivered safely.

Just contacted him last night - a lot of guys have recommended him to me.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Daniel, welcome to taxifornia and what’s called the “high desert”. It’s way easier to get to Tim than John. With the lack of drag strips some of your racing maybe curtailed but John’s drags at Barona and the hot rod meets at Bakersfield are definitely doable. 
There are not a lot of Y-Block specific gatherings out in the West at least in So Cal and I’ve been the CVA for 11 years. Once again welcome….JD

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
alanfreeman
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Daniel.....did you hire Bill's Auto Transport?  I need an auto transporter here in CA.  Thanks, Alan
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

alanfreeman (4/12/2023)
Daniel.....did you hire Bill's Auto Transport?  I need an auto transporter here in CA.  Thanks, Alan

Alan, I am renting a large truck and trailer to haul my "garage/shop" and the 55 Ford out there. Mama wants to make the trip that instead of flying - we already have hotels booked. All of the house contents and my one remaining daily driver will be moved by a moving company. I am sure Bill would do a good job for you.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

DryLakesRacer (3/24/2023)
Daniel, welcome to taxifornia and what’s called the “high desert”. It’s way easier to get to Tim than John. With the lack of drag strips some of your racing maybe curtailed but John’s drags at Barona and the hot rod meets at Bakersfield are definitely doable. 
There are not a lot of Y-Block specific gatherings out in the West at least in So Cal and I’ve been the CVA for 11 years. Once again welcome….JD

Thank you! I am looking forward to getting out to El Mirage - not sure if there are any Y Block powered race cars out there at the dry lake bed. My wife tells me that I need to look into it LOL. It would be a new game for me, no doubt. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

alanfreeman
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)Supercharged (750 reputation)

Daniel....Do you have a phone # or email for Bill?   I sent him a PM on HAMB but I haven't heard back from him.  Thanks, Alan
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Bill's contact information:

(216) 832-8697

I do not have an email address

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

alanfreeman
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

THANKS Daniel

Reading This Topic

Site Meter