Profile Picture

Finding Y Block Cores are Always a Treasure Hunt

Posted By Daniel Jessup Last Year
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Praise Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Just this week I picked up another core Y Block. A fella about an hour away from me had a "1956 292" for sale, and from the pictures he posted I could tell it did not have the early heads (no core plug on the end), had a B intake sitting on top with a matching 57+ distributor, and a few other odds and ends bolted to the block. When I showed up to take a look at the core, he had a set of Mercury script valve covers, three Holley 94 carburetors, an extra starter, and some other odds and ends in a box. Examining the block I found it was a C2AE with a set of EZC-C heads on top. The deal was so good I did not even dicker. Just goes to show you that if you can take the time to investigate, you might find a little more treasure than you what you originally thought was available. Concerning the deal, I have already swapped enough of the extra parts to break even on the core. http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6963a148-d198-475a-819d-35c.jpegIn a swap over Christmas break in North Carolina I found a set of ECZ-G heads for pennies on the dollar. They are already at the shop with a game plan to get them prepped for better performance.

I love finding core Y Blocks. This is another one I hope to build some day - just glad it was saved from being thrown out. Anyone else as addicted as I am ? BigGrin

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b4871131-ebb1-46af-8092-1d0.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9cc08d1e-ee82-4a7e-bae5-025.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5e0ef337-f0e3-4536-8b5c-93e.jpeg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Dan - sent you an email

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Ted
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
Great find.  Another Y is saved.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Greetings Dan - I  suspect a lot of us are just as addicted to to Y-block. It's a cool engine and a lot of fun to develop. My problem is after being at the same place for over 50 years, I've totally run out of space.   Looking at your picture, have you though of modifying that tractor with that 292? LOL!

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
darrell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 12:13:59 AM
unlike the flathead it takes a lot to crack a y block.
Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

paul2748 (1/20/2023)
Dan - sent you an email

Paul, I have not seen it as of yet - even my spam folder is showing up empty. I do have a good address at dan.jessupAT HotRodReverend.com if you need a current email address. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Daniel Jessup
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Fellas - I would guess I am like most on this forum, saving one Y Block at a time. In the modern day I often find that core blocks or "complete" engines listed for sale ALWAYS have a hodge podge of parts installed. From mismatched heads, to blocks like the C2AE that never came with EZC-C heads from the factory, to oddball carbs to pulleys to manifolds/headers, it can be a truly be a treasure hunt because at times I also find some nice pieces. I guess it just goes to show you when you see something listed for sale it is always best to look at it in person if you can. You never know what you are going to find. 

Oh - that picture of the large garage is not mine, that was where I first saw the core block. If you want to see the "size" of the garage I am in currently, you can visit my YouTube channel or my website blog, lots there on that one.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Dan, I had watched your Youtube videos before, but I never made the connection. All I can say is there's a lot of good stuff on Youtube and on your website, way too much to absorb in one sitting. Very professional! Thank you.
paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

erased

Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Dan sent you another email, direct this time

Paul

Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter