Profile Picture

T-Bird tachometer conversion

Posted By glrbird Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Has anyone had a T-Bird tach converted to electronic instead of mechanical?  It gets harder to find performance tach drive distributors, but would like to retain the stock look.
Gary

update. CRTperformance has a nice tach drive distributor that is eletronic and good to 10 grand. So i bought it. no need to change now.

Gary Ryan San Antonio.TX.

55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Go to crtperformance.com. There has been considerable input on this forum regarding these electronic distributors on this forum. They will accommodate either/both mechanical and electronic tachometers. I can't imagine that converting a mechanical tach to electronic would cost less, assuming you can find someone who can do it, and there's the question of accuracy to consider as well. Appearance? The average Joe wouldn't think twice. Those of us who know? We wouldn't think twice either. In other words, you have to know what you're looking for in order for it to matter. 
paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Try Williamson's Instruments in Arkansas - I believe they do this conversion.

Do you want the factory look?  If not, I have a write up of a conversion using an Autometer electronic tach.  Not mine, something I got off the internet..  If you want it I can send it to you.  Will need your email address.  You can PM me the address.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

glrbird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Yes any information can help,
gryan6@earthlink.net
thanks

glrbird
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

That is something i had not seen before. thank you
Gary

Florida_Phil
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

You can mount a new electric tach in the stock dash hole. I had one in my 55 Tbird.   I bought mine from Summit.  Casco also sells an electric tach that fits in the stock hole.  Neither one looks stock.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
The file on the conversion was sent to you.

glrbird (1/11/2023)
Yes any information can help,
gryan6@earthlink.net
thanks

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter