Profile Picture

302 with c4 in 56 f100

Posted By brucem 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Puting a 302 in 56 f100 with a c4 ,what poteniil obstacles might i encounter I have a front mount and trans x member.Any advice please
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Instead of using a front of the engine mount, if they are still available, there was a mount that went from side to side that the street rodders used that used the regular side mounts on a 302.  Check with Jegs, Summit or other street rod parts suppliers .. 

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

dbird
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)Supercharged (592 reputation)

You didn't say what front suspension you are using so this might not apply.  I have a dropped beam axle under my 56 with a 351W/AOD and the biggest issue I had was the exhaust.  The block hugging headers I used brought the exhaust down way closer to the tie rod than I would have liked requiring some creative combining of exhaust elbows to make everything clear.  I also had to modify the trans crossmember to clear the brake booster, but no real big deal and given the number of variables yours will probably be different 
 One really random issue was I determined engine location using stock valve covers then lost about a half inch of firewall clearance when I installed fabricated aluminum ones.

Good luck,
Don
PF Arcand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
..What engine was in your vehicle originally?.  The two posters before me have been politely helpful & that's fine, probably because your conversion involves a Ford engine & transmission . However, I trust that you do appreciate that this site is about the continuation of  the Ford Y-Block engines, not about replacing them with non original engines, especially that "other" popular engine...   

Paul
Deyomatic
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I used the CPP engine and transmission mount crossmembers when I...did the unthinkable about 14 years ago.  They worked very well...either drill and bolt them in place or weld them.  

https://www.classicperform.com/ford.htm#27

https://www.classicperform.com/Store/1948_64_Ford_Truck/CP4819.htm

Also check out the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site for body style specific info and modifications.  
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
Tye CP4819 was the type I was referring to.  . I used a similar mount when I put a 302 in my 48 Ford.  Works good and very easy to install..  I would recommend it being bolted in rather than welded in.  I used four bolts per side.. 

NOTE:  This was before I got into Y Blocks Paul Arcand

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Removed

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter