Profile Picture

Wanted. 54 Lincoln motor mounts

Posted By B-rad 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Does the 54 LIncoln Y-block distributor use the tang drive oil pump shaft?  Thanks Ted for mentioning the shaft differences. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
If going with a ’57 and newer Ford Y distributor, then keep in mind that you will also need the ¼” hex drive oil pump and oil pump drive.  The oil pump from the ’55 and up Ford Y will work but you will also need the ¼” hex drive for the 1955 and newer Lincoln Y engines. That oil drive for the LYB engines is longer than those for the FYB engines. The Melling part number for the LYB hex drive is IS-60A.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

B-rad, the gear on your LIncoln distribiutor should fit the shaft on a 57 and later Ford Y-block distribuitor so it could be transfered.  However, before you do anything as far as cnanging the gear, take very accurate measurements of the gear position on your Lincoln distributor so all that can be duplicated on the 57 or later distributor.  That is, measure from the under side of the sholder that seats in the block to the underside of the gear with the shaft thrusted up and also thrusted down.   I personally done just the opposite several times, like, installed a Ford Y-block gear on a LIncoln Y-block distributor with good results.  Good luck.......

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
RB
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
On the distributor  just buy one for a 57 and up Ford Y block and switch the gears..  Double check but I think the Ford FE gear is the same.

I have some old used motor mounts but they are probably not any better than yours
B-rad
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

I need the rubber for the motor and transmission mounts for my 54 Lincoln Capri y block. Also a distributor for this car that will let me use a newer carb. I know the gear will have to be changed to the original one.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter