Profile Picture

Edelbrock Corporation or Foundary:

Posted By PF Arcand 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Not that this is a small item, but I heard a rumour that the Edelbrock Foundary or maybe the whole Company was being sold!  Is there truth to that?!

Paul
62bigwindow
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I wonder how that will effect John's production on the cylinder heads?

Durham Missouri
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The Edelbrock company was sold by the family in 2010 to IOP.  In 2020, it merged with Comp Cams.  Far as I know, the Edlebrock family does not have much to do with the day-to-day operations anymore.  I noticed the Edelbrock / Comp Cams sponsorship on the Clay Millican Top Fueler at the recent Vegas drag racing event which puts them 'still in business'.

The latest I have heard was that Edelbrock was going to drop a large number of the ‘less selling’ items from its catalogue but other than that, the foundries are still up and running.  Besides making their own products, the Edelbrock foundries does a large amount of contract work.  John’s cylinder heads are in that contract work category.  Like other foundries, they are dealing with manpower, material shortages, and ever increasing costs to make the castings.  John or Geoff Mummert can probably give more details on this as they deal with the foundries on a regular basis.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter