Profile Picture

Lincoln front end Parts wanted

Posted By B-rad 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Looking for ball joints and tie rod ends for my 54. I have control arm bushings for it and want to replace all the rubber parts. Not exactly sure what all is needed but from what I can see, the rubber is compromised on a few parts. I think that there are other bushings but I can't seem to find anything for it. Except for the sellers that believe their parts are made of gold.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
You might try Kanter Auto Products.  They do list the tie rod ends but for the ball joints, they need your old ones when placing the order.  I’ll suggest giving them a call.

https://www.kanter.com/contact.aspx

Contact

Email:
Sales1@Kanter.com
Telephone:
973-334-9575
800-526-1096
Hours:
Mon-Fri:
8:30 am - 6:30 pm
Eastern Time
Address:
Kanter Auto Products
662 Myrtle Ave
Boonton, NJ 07005 U.S.A.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

PF Arcand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Brad: are you sure the ball Joints need replacing?  Ford's ball joints of that aera are very durable.. Give them a good shot of grease & then try to test them for slack.. 
P.S.- If some of the rubber parts don't appear to be ruined, try cleaning them up with mild cleaner, not solvent & then apply a product like AGS- Sil-Glyde Lubricating Compound.. It's rated safe for brake parts. It rejuvinates rubber products without damaging them & it comes in a large squeeze tube..

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter