Profile Picture

FUEL & HIGH HUMIDITY

Posted By FORD DEARBORN 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
This is the second time I've seen this happen while rebuilding a carburetor.  The pie plate contained fresh fuel when after no more than 5 minutes, it developed a milky appearance. Temperature is almost 90* with 70% relative humidity, one of those hot, humid sticky days in south east Michigan. Evaporaation kept the fuel cool while it pulled moisture like a sponge out of the atmospherte.  The first time I noticed beads of water rapidly forminghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/50da3cfd-bfe3-4903-975b-2139.jpg on the bottom of the pie plate. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Cliff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
Yep, I've taken apart carburetors with water damage from sitting with fuel (white corrosion) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter