Profile Picture

1957 Ford Rotor fit

Posted By Melly 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
I have a 1957 Ford distributor ( FEK-12127-A ) I believe it is 1957.  I have been to 4 different auto parts stores looking for a rotor.  A seen to be to large and when placed on dist. is loose. I think the 56 and earlier and 57 the clip was done away with.  So way is it so hard to find a rotor that fits?  Any Ideas on what or is the others that had this problem and how did they deal with it? I figure some kind of shimming but wondering what to use Don't what to mess up dist.  Open for your help.  Thanks, a great sight for us that need answers.
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
I’ll suggest trying the new rotor on another distributor.  From this end, it sounds like the rotor post on your distributor is either undersized or the top is pinched inward slightly making the rotor loose on the shaft.  Got a picture?

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

55blacktie
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Try one of the Tbird suppliers.
2721955meteor
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 11 hours ago
55blacktie (6/22/2022)
Try one of the Tbird suppliers.

I HAVE 3 DISTRIBUTERS FOR YBLOCKS THE OLDEST 1 USES A SMALLER SHAFT FOR ROTER,THE OTHER 2 TAKE THE ROTER WITH LARGER SHAFT.. NO TAGE ON THE DIST FOR SMALLER  ROTER SIZE. 
IF YOU WHER CLOSER I WOULD GIVE YOU A NEW 1. I AM ON VANCOUVER ISLAND BC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter