Profile Picture

ignition switch

Posted By darrell 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
i got the ignition switch out of my55 without that gizmo but i cant get it back in.is there any way without that tool
DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I tried a pair of needle nose pliers which I had ground to fit. They worked the first time because I had help. I bought the tool from one of the suppliers when I needed other parts. Easier the next time alone with it.. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Cut down an old putty knife to fit in the indents of the bezel ?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

55blacktie
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Even with the $7.00 special tool, it's harder than it should be. Removing it isn't the problem (with the tool). Putting it back in takes patience. You almost need a third hand to keep the chrome bezel and plastic insert from following off during installation. Putting masking tape around the edge and taping to the dash will help hold it in place. Also, you will need to push the starter switch from the back, towards the front, while screwing locking in the retainer. I thought mine was secure a couple of times, but just bumping it slightly caused it to fall out. 

You'll find that removing/installing the headlight switch can be a chore as well. 

This should be helpful: ctci.org/removing-dash-switches-and-controls/
darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

with the ignition out how do i get the key part itself out.i friged with it and now cant get the key in.this car is going to be the end of me did anyone ever have a car they couldnt drive.i cant go 5 miles and even then ill have trouble.how i got into this mess as the car was running smoke started rolling from the ignition side of the coil and melted right to the key switch.i dont know where the short is so run a new wire.the car was in my shop or i may have stood back and let it go.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter