Profile Picture

FMX trans rear support

Posted By Picachored 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hey there , anyone know of an adapter to let me support an FMX behind my 272 ?? The stock crossmember is too far forward to bolt to the FMX. Don't want to invent something that exists.... THANKS
paul2748
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
When I installed the 4 speed top loader in my 54 I had a similar problem, except that the cross-member was too far back.  I got a steel plate to extend to the trans. Even though you have the opposite situation, maybe something like that would work.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

darrell
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
my last 56 had an fmx.they didnt move the crossmember just built a mount yhat looked like factory.i no longer own the car but what i remember they just used a flat piece of steel to extend the mount rearward.
Picachored
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)Normally aspirated (46 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for the suggestions, I made my own, wasn't bad at all once I gave up on reusing the original.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter