Profile Picture

For those asking for Bob Martin's whereabouts...

Posted By Daniel Jessup 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 1 hour ago
Bob "Flash" Martin is still working behind the scenes for the Y Block Nationals in West Salem, Ohio. Over the past month I have had several members of the site ask me how he is doing because they have not been able to get a hold of Bob via email. And, of course Bob has not been on the forum here for quite some time. Bob lives one town over from me in Milford, Ohio and I live in Loveland. I did call him a couple weeks back and he reminded me that his computer is still on the fritz and he has not logged in to his email account in a few months. 

If you need to contact Bob, the best thing to do is to call him on the phone. That number is on the Y Block Nationals Flyer.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/de893bc8-fdd0-48eb-93df-e79.jpeg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

charliemccraney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
I had noticed no articles in YBM, as well.

He was having computer trouble this time last year.  Does he need money for a computer?  Something to simply check email and write is real cheap but will probably need to be upgraded or replaced within a couple years because it will already be a poor performer and can't keep up with ever increasing demands on the hardware.  About $500 gets something pretty decent and $1000 will get something that is significant overkill for most people BUT should perform well for the next 5 - 10 years for an average person, with a basic understanding of computer security and maintenance.

I'm sure we can come up with a fund if he needs one, for all he does.

Lawrenceville, GA
Lord Gaga
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I'll chip in if need be.

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Update: I called Bob again last evening and let him know that there are several of us (some fellas contacted me privately and did not want to be known) who would be more than happy to start a fund for what he needs. I even offered my laptop to him - I have an extra that is only 2 years old. At any rate, he said that he "didn't need any of that but appreciated the offer" and was actually at BestBuy this past week purchasing a new computer. What he did say was that he was trying to work through all of the Microsoft ads - Tongue. Hopefully he will be online soon. When I am back in town next week I will see if we can do lunch together. I need to show him some things on the Y Block Nationals anyway and get his input.

thanks fellas

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Lord Gaga
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Hey reverend, will you be having a healing service at your tent revival aka "Driver's meeting"? My car has low compression on #7. lol
Daniel Jessup (5/12/2022)
Update: I called Bob again last evening and let him know that there are several of us (some fellas contacted me privately and did not want to be known) who would be more than happy to start a fund for what he needs. I even offered my laptop to him - I have an extra that is only 2 years old. At any rate, he said that he "didn't need any of that but appreciated the offer" and was actually at BestBuy this past week purchasing a new computer. What he did say was that he was trying to work through all of the Microsoft ads - Tongue. Hopefully he will be online soon. When I am back in town next week I will see if we can do lunch together. I need to show him some things on the Y Block Nationals anyway and get his input.

thanks fellas

EDIT: Bob did say that if he got any money all that he would do would put it into the prize fund anyway... I am thinking it may be nice to do something for him at the Y Block Nationals in the way of a formal presentation during the driver's meeting? I am renting a very large tent for the weekend, complete with platform, etc. Maybe some of you "movers and shakers" out there who have been at this longer than I have would have some ideas on that. I will talk to Tony Fritz about it as well. I was thinking at the very least we could do a nice plaque and a sizable gift card. 

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

No "healing services" scheduled during the weekend... but I am sure there will be quite a few Y Block FaYthful who can help your cylinder #7 Laugh

Lord Gaga (5/13/2022)
Hey reverend, will you be having a healing service at your tent revival aka "Driver's meeting"? My car has low compression on #7. lol
Daniel Jessup (5/12/2022)

thanks fellas

EDIT: Bob did say that if he got any money all that he would do would put it into the prize fund anyway... I am thinking it may be nice to do something for him at the Y Block Nationals in the way of a formal presentation during the driver's meeting? I am renting a very large tent for the weekend, complete with platform, etc. Maybe some of you "movers and shakers" out there who have been at this longer than I have would have some ideas on that. I will talk to Tony Fritz about it as well. I was thinking at the very least we could do a nice plaque and a sizable gift card. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter