Profile Picture

1955 Fairlane Heater control valve

Posted By Tazx100 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
My Heater control valve is stuck and I either need it rebuilt or acquire one already rebuilt. I got one from tee bird products but its the vacuum type and mine is the one with the bimetallic copper wire and outlets for hot water in and out. Ive found a couple of vendors for the valve but thought I would get advice before I move any further. I dont think I want a nos due to rubber ages. Thanks Rickey  
carl
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
you can buy repair kits for that valve,i think macs has them  Carl
Tazx100
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)Supercharged (201 reputation)

Ive seen seal replacements at napa, but i am afraid if i took it apart it would never work right again. There is a guy on ebay that will rebuild them for 85 bucks his ebay handle is delcojoe. I guess its always a risk doing business with someone you dont know, so I think Ill wait till mon and see if any of the vendors i know has to say. Concours want 350 bucks for one.
junkyardjeff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Mine froze up and was afraid to use the NORS valve I had so I put a late 60s truck inline valve on,I made a block off plate for the firewall with a hole in it for the cable and used a cable from a 80s truck.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ce67241b-047d-4df9-964a-a36d.jpg

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
junkyardjeff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

I might put a original back in when it gets the Y block and here is what I done to the firewallhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/af030891-f8f0-424b-a5ea-8859.jpg

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
Tazx100
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I found a guy on ebay that rebuilds the HCV his handle is delcoejoe and he charges 85 bucks, bead blasts and tests the valve to 18psi, according to my research he has been doing this a while. I shipped my valve to him the other day. His feedback score is 99.7 and he responded to my questions pretty quick. Tee bird products will also rebuild the the hcv either the vacum type or the bimetallic type. I was going to just install a ball valve so I could turn the hot water off since the car isnt going to be driven very much but I thought it would be cool to have the original vale fixed. I told delcoejoe Id do a review on here after I get the valve back. The way you did yours is pretty cool too if something happens to my rebuild ill go your route or similar.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter