Profile Picture

Wanted - Supplemental Hot Rod Magazine "slide in"

Posted By Wayne Peters 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Looking for an original copy of this "Isky" advertisement which was a post publishing "slide in" into Hot Rod Magazine
Should be in the range of the '56-'57 time frame.
Appreciate the help -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/da972294-54a4-483b-a72b-51bd.jpg
bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Cool little bird. Hope you find the original. If you do post it for others to see. Your relative's car I'm guessing?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

DANIEL TINDER
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
As long as followers may be searching their magazine collections:
I am still looking for an early/mid 60s article about a (black?) ‘56 Bird with homemade dual quad blower box, radiuses rear fender/wheel wells, ‘55 rear bumper, and (‘55?) non-porthole top. Was a HRM subscriber back then, though often bought other car mags.  Already searched every possible HRM issue with no joy.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
Wayne Peters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Correct, from Grandfather to Dad to myself  - Dad would follow Grandfather to the local So Cal Drag strips in the 54 Merc hauling the Cheater Slicks. Planning to contact the NHRA Museum in Pomona to see if they have a clean picture (same as the Isky ad.) I believe that picture is from Pomona where it took first place in a stock modified class in '56. I have been going over the essentials for about two years from the rear forward. - At the engine now. It's somewhat of an archeological project. Have many of the early receipts time slips and trophies. It's been great making contacts. I live fairly close to John Mummert's, and called Ted Eaton as well. Taking notes from both! -  Ted led me to this site and also Bruce Young for the magazine. I'll be replacing the head gaskets soon and the freeze plugs and am part way through the wiring. Lots of focus on leaving it as modified while at the same time maintaining the unseen items for reliability. ARP oil pump shaft. ARP head bolts Chris Ames spacer and a list still to go. I'll likely contact Coker Tire to see if they have a similar White Wall Slick and Rim combination as in the picture.
bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Very nice that you have the original car and are putting it back as it raced. Would love to see some pictures. I have a real soft spot for these.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Reading This Topic

Site Meter