'55 Carb changes to adapt from Loadamatic to '57 distributor

Posted By bergmanj 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

'55 Carb changes to adapt from Loadamatic to '57 distributor

Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Folks,
I'm changing my '55 ford Y-block engine from "loadamatic" distributor to a '57 distributor & need to be pointed to a resource for what specific changes need be done to my '55 2-barrel carb for proper vacuum signal to the newer distributor. Anyone???
Thanks, JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
Daniel Jessup
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

This is what you need - https://www.eatonbalancing.com/2010/02/07/modifying-the-holley-94-two-barrel-for-late-model-distributors/

One of our moderators, Ted Eaton, has a wonderful set of articles on his website. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

bergmanj
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)Supercharged (539 reputation)

Found it!

Thanks much, JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
charliemccraney
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The vacuum advance of a '57 or newer distributor is not a requirement like it is on the earlier distributors.  You can leave it disconnected however I would not recommend that since it does help with driveability and economy.  You can also try manifold vacuum .  That will require access to a centralized port in the manifold or a carb spacer with a vacuum port.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter