Profile Picture

Wanted - W&H DuCoil Cap(s) and Rotor(s)

Posted By Wayne Peters 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Looking for a W&H DuCoil Cap and Rotor. I have been going over grandfathers / dads TBird for the past year getting it into regular driving shape. Would like to keep the original "as modified" character of the car for the local meets. In 1956 grandfather added the DuCoil to the engine. 

Cliff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Try to save what you have, I have them but they Bring $350.00 for the cap and $150.00 for the rotor, and I only have 2 left.

Hi, these are off the market
Wayne Peters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)Normally aspirated (30 reputation)

Hello Cliff,
May I have you add a couple of pictures to see the condition of each? That will give me a direction for next steps. Thank you, Wayne
Cliff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

What I have is brand new, however it would be best for you to buy a complete unit on E Bay and rob the parts that you need, what's wrong with what you have?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/185113486726?hash=item2b199fa586:g:uq4AAOSwX3phbLyP
Wayne Peters
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Hi Cliff,
Grandfather had modifications to the T-Bird within a few months of buying it new.  Vic Edelbrock and company performed work on it and an early long term employee of Edelbrock.  Bobby Meeks,  would meet grandfather at local dragstrips where they tuned it running consistently in the high 12's at 111mph with its best run at Santa Ana Drags (Airport) 12.92 ET at 112.35MPH. You'll see most of the parts on the receipt are in the picture for some history.

If you're interested in selling one or both of the caps and rotors a picture showing the condition of them would be great.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/be63ba2d-0c61-48b1-ab06-328b.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f9ce2617-1769-4ff2-8090-e6fd.jpg

bird55
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wayne Peters (1/20/2022)

Hi Cliff,
Grandfather had modifications to the T-Bird within a few months of buying it new.  Vic Edelbrock and company performed work on it and an early long term employee of Edelbrock.  Bobby Meeks,  would meet grandfather at local dragstrips where they tuned it running consistently in the high 12's at 111mph with its best run at Santa Ana Drags (Airport) 12.92 ET at 112.35MPH. You'll see most of the parts on the receipt are in the picture for some history.

If you're interested in selling one or both of the caps and rotors a picture showing the condition of them would be great.

Always interesting to me to see old racing history on some old TBird. Good Luck with it.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Cliff, in regards to the DuCoil distributor parts you posted, how are the spark plug wires arranged in the cap towers?  Looks like they would have to be placed cross wise from one another as the firing order goes? 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Cliff
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I've got instructions at home, I don't remember off hand.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/w-h-ducoil-installation-instructions.1246862/
55blacktie
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Wayne, the Edelbrock receipt tells me that your Tbird must be a 55. What transmission, gears, and tires were used to turn 1/4 in less than 13 seconds? Internal engine mods?
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Got it, thanks Cliff. I was thinking correctly as to how the plug wires were arranged.  Also, thanks for the quick reply, now I will be able to sleep tonight.  If running an MSD box then this system would require 2 boxes. That would mean there would be time for the 3 spark events, for whatever that would be worth,  way up into the rpm range - that's awesome.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter