Profile Picture

Y-Block Magazine's Editor

Posted By PF Arcand 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I haven't been on here recently, so has anyone heard anything further about how it's Editor Bruce Young's health is? 

Paul
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
I had a good talk with Bruce earlier this week and he is back at it.  The health issues he had were not fully resolved as the various hospitals he went to could not deal with his particular heart problem.  That will require another hospital visit somewhere down the road.  For now though, he just got the YBM issue #165 into the mail system and everyone should be getting their issues soon if not already.  I just sent off an article for issue #166 as Bruce is trying to get the issues back on schedule.  And for those of you contemplating an article for The Y-Block Magazine, get it written and sent off to Bruce.  He’s always in need of material for the magazine.  While issue #165 was late, it was worth the wait as it was a ‘loaded’ magazine with a bunch of good articles.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Just wondering, as I often do ...

Has he thought of making past TECH ARTICLES available separately for a charge without having to buy the complete magazine?

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Received my newest Y-Block copy and a separate letter for my subscription last week. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

KULTULZ (11/7/2021)
Just wondering, as I often do ...
Has he thought of making past TECH ARTICLES available separately for a charge without having to buy the complete magazine?

That would be a question for Bruce Young.  I suspect with what it takes to just get the magazine published and mailed out regularly that Bruce does not have the time or manpower to make the tech articles available without the magazine.  Three decades of tech articles would be a daunting task.

To date I have submitted over one hundred articles to The Y-Block Magazine and while all of those were published, only a handful of those articles has made it to my own website as time on my end is always a problem.  The Y-Block Magazine has now been around for 28 years which is a phenomenal accomplishment for a niche market magazine.  Just think of the number of automotive related magazines that have folded during that time frame.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/df721db2-172f-4d2e-bfe5-5649.jpg  

Lord Gaga
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)Supercharged (2.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
It looks like issue 165 was mainly written  by "the hotrod reverend".Alien

"FREE SAMPLE"
Joe-JDC
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
When I talked with Bruce about my article in this issue, he sounded very weak, and said he still need to have the procedures done on his heart.  I hope there is someone who can step in and help when he needs this completed.  Printed magazines have all but disappeared, or become full of advertisements instead of real stories about real cars and real people.  I for one will lift up Bruce in prayer for a speedy recovery and good health.  Joe-JDC

JDC
pegleg
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Any more information?

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

PF Arcand
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Re Y-block Magazine;  I'm aware that Bruce Young has run into health problems . Has there been any further news?  My last issue received is  #165..

Paul
Ted
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Paul.  You might check to see if your subscription has expired.  YBM #167 is the most current issue and I just submitted the article for YBM #168 earlier this week.

I do talk to Bruce on a semi-regular basis and as recently as this last Monday (2/14/22).  He is still very active with the magazine and it’s currently back on schedule.  It’s always a good conversation when we talk.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c0eedd6b-de42-4d82-9430-5886.jpg  

Reading This Topic

Site Meter