Profile Picture

Reinforced Fuel Flex Line?

Posted By Half-dude 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I've gone through two of the flex fuel lines for my Yblock 292 and every one of them have cracked up and now the current one is dribbling everywhere. I know that fuel eats through rubber over time, there's gotta be a better material right? The ones I got were from Concord's Parts..
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There is better line that is compatible w/ ethanol laced fuel but I doubt any of the repo manufacturers use it.

The hose is available in one foot increments (off roll). Use fuel hose clamps and barbed fittings unless you can find the fittings to have one made?

paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I suggest getting rid of the stock type hose and go to  fittings with Fuel Injection rubber hose (which is ethanol safe).  Not as neat as the stock type hose, but I think you will have less trouble.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

PTFE hose/w AN fittings.
Half-dude
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)Supercharged (555 reputation)

Does anyone know the size of hose and fittings those cars use off-hand?
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
H-d:  your opening said 'Concords' parts..should that be Concours parts?.  If so, best drop them a note, they are probably unaware of the problem?   

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Does anyone know the size of hose and fittings those cars use off-hand?

Are you wanting to have a replacement hose made-up to have it appear as OEM with reinforced hose?

The fittings are 1) Line to hose - 1/2" X 20, and 2) hose to pump 1/8" X 27. Actual fuel hose size is 5/16". These are swage fittings and would have to made up in a hydraulic shop if you don't have the tools.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4da3d8d1-e63b-4a52-910c-5226.jpg

All rubber hose in the system should be replaced by the EFI rated hose as it will deteriorate over time and plug the filter (hopefully) and/or cause vacuum leaks.

- https://www.gates.com/us/en/fluid-power/engine-hose/fuel-line-hose.p.4219-000000-000003.v.4219-06038.html

DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

I bought a new one 8 years ago from Danchuk the Tri-5 unmentionable supplier for a 5/16” line. Ethanol friendly I was told. Never leaked/cracked, etc. still looks new. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
miker
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I’ve got a buddy with a 56 Nomad, have helped install lots of Danchuk parts. Unfortunately, they’ve shut down, retired I believe. Must be another scrubby supplier doing them.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

They are not shut down the last time I checked.. I live about 5 miles from their one time show room. They no longer ship direct or have walk ins. They only sell thru retailers like Classic Industries and Original Parts Group. I am lucky to be fairly close to both of their retail stores n SoCal. I also buy a lot of Ford Parts from GM suppliers. Wipers, sway bar bushings, etc…..I don’t know what will happen if they get out totally but I expect their parts will live on forever unless the Hamilton Group gets them. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter