Profile Picture

!953-54 Ford and Merc. Stash

Posted By Melly 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago

Today i went to meet a gentleman that I met at a car show awhile ago.  He ask if I or if I had any direction on some project car and part that he had collect over many years.  As he is losing the place where this collection is stored and has been battling major health problems for some time.  I assure you this is not a SCAM or tall tale.

So we went to see what he had. I would call this a Barn Find.  Something the like I have read http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1eb90d6e-673c-422b-b16b-b5df.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1f802356-9b96-42eb-b701-2f5d.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1eb90d6e-673c-422b-b16b-b5df.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/67eefdb8-e2c5-41e8-9686-6eff.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b2c690e2-d062-4d95-a550-494f.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2913b59d-3834-4ddc-96d5-6447.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/55724dee-d894-4851-acf4-5e84.jpgabout but never felt I would see.

He has 1953 and 1954 Ford and Merc. project cars . One Todor wagon ( Ford), one 53 Ford rag top, one Ford, or Merc. hard top , one 53 or 54 2dr post Ford. And Ford Grenada,V8.AT.  All being in different conditions but appear to needing a lot to LOVE . But with all of this he has the parts to go with them, I mean tons of parts.

From small eclectic and vacuum stuff ( switches, radios ,heater, radiators, tranny's., gas tanks, bumper, flat head blocks, wind shields, replacement fender and panels )  I was very overwhelmed to say the least.  Along with this are Model cad kit still in their original boxes racks full, LP record albums again racks full. Power tools to many to mention.  Tires and rims. I could go on but hopefully you get the idea.  I will post only a few of the photos but I have more if you are interested.

What I am asking if you or anyone you might know that might have interest please pass in on or contact me. 

What he is up against is time, as both health and storage loss is the concern. He would like to sell all as a lot and is open to any fair offers.  He's is looking for a person that love these car as he does and will listen to offer of most any nature.  Located in southern Minnesota.

PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Just for info- there is or was a '54 Ford club out there. Might be able to contact someone there on the Internet. They advertised at Y-Block Magazine  some time back, but I don't recall the issues..  

Paul
paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
This story is one that has been repeated time over time.  You have a hoarder that normally does not want to get rid of anything.  All of a sudden there is major  health emergency, death or loss of storage space and everything must go - fast.  Usually ends up in the dump

I hope someone can save these items and get them into the hands of someone that can/will use them..

Is there any contact information?  Did I miss it?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

miker
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
Might be worth putting this on the Ford Barn, since there’s a lot of members and it’s focused on the whole car. I think there’s a social group, too.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Melly
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)Supercharged (590 reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
I am helping him with this mission impossible so let me know of any interest or questions and I will get back to anyone
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Melly: as someone above noted, just using yourself as a contact only on this site, seriously limits the help you will likely get!. These Classifieds here can be quite slow at times & the site is not involved in 1953 & earlier models. To avoid an unfortunate situation resulting, you need better contact info & coverage!

Paul
312YBlock
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
There’s a hoarder a couple miles from where I live. His yard looks like a junkyard, one car parked in the grass next to his driveway has so many vines growing around it it’s hard to tell what it is. His latest acquisition, a showroom condition 54 Ford parked, between two pieces of rusted junk. It just sits there in the snow, rain, storms, chrome shining in perfect condition; makes me sick.

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY

Reading This Topic

Site Meter