Profile Picture

A long strange trip

Posted By Salt Racer 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello all.   Today is a big day for me.  New to this forum.  Back in December of 1955, my father ordered and took delivery of a black Merc Monterey station wagon.  Over the next eleven years he took our family all over the US and Canada pulling a 15 ft camper trailer .  As a new driver in 1965 , was allowed to drive some of the way between our home in Central Wisconsin and Phoenix,Arizona on a Christmas vacation. That included a large section of Hwy 66.  After I graduated high school in 1967, dad gave me the car. I  drove it for eight months before crashing it. The frame was tweeked and I just didn't have the cash to repair the car. It  went to the scrap yard and I entered the USAF.  Fast forward to the Back to the 50's car show in 2009. My buddy and I were sitting on the curb at the show watching cars cruise out at the end of the day when I spied a very cool 56 Merc station wagon. Immediately, I ran out and stopped the car. I Handed the driver my business card and told him that if he ever wanted to sell the car that he should call me. A few months later, I got a call from Winnipeg Beach, Manitoba. It was Don ( the owner of the wagon ) . We had a nice chat and ended up pledging to meet at Back to the 50's the next year.  2010 rolled around and somehow I found Don & the wagon in the 12,000 car show. We became fast friends. To the point that he even made a one day 700 mile drive down to visit.  Sadly he had a debilitating stroke about two years ago.  The Canadian government took his driver license.  After it became apparent that he would never drive again , I steeled myself and asked if he would consider selling me his wagon. The answer was yes !  After 8 months of governmental red tape, I will take delivery of the car today.  Currently the car has  (shudder ) a 351 M/C6 powertrain.  I intend to drive it  while I search for a Y-Block. I'm looking forward to drawing from the vast knowledge & friendship base of this forum. Thanks Ted for opening registration for me.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/87fcd811-869d-4e64-923e-c277.jpg

Attachments
FILE44653.JPG (150 views, 2.00 MB)
Tedster
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

I think yer supposed to have a pink carnation to go with that sportcoat.

https://youtu.be/zD8MnvyAi6I
Salt Racer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

The image was taken before I headed out for my Senior prom.  The doge ate the carnation !

slumlord444
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I had a white sport coat in high school. 61-62. Looks familiar.
312YBlock
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
That’s an interesting story. I’m certain you will find the help you need, best of luck.

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Tedster (9/22/2021)

I think yer supposed to have a pink carnation to go with that sportcoat.

https://youtu.be/zD8MnvyAi6I

!!! DAMN !!!

That song brought back memories. Almost got a little misty ...

BTW - Where the hell is OZONO, TX?

312YBlock
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

I graduated in 61 had my first car a 56 black Sunliner, can relate. 😊

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Your Dad had good taste. His Mercury looked great without the white walls.   My wife and I graduated in 1965.  Took her to the prom in a 1957 Ford Custom. Enjoy!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I graduated in 1966 (barely). 1960 SUNLINER - RED w WHITE TOP.

Biggest problem I had with my prom was figuring out if the cumber-bun inlet fins were worn up or down.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter