Profile Picture

Correct 4-hole carburetor adaptor

Posted By Gene Purser 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Reading a recent thread on carbs and adaptors reminded me that I have an (A) four barrel manifold on my 272 engine. I have an Edlebrock 1405 carb adapted to the manifold with an open spacer/adaptor. Ted mentioned that a 4-hole adaptor would give more engine vacuum so I want to change. Looking at Summit site, I see different  adaptors and I want to get the correct one for my application. To complicate things, I believe there are errors in their descriptions of the manifold and carb bolt spacings. Without me removing my carb and adaptor, can anyone tell me which 4-hole adaptor I need to adapt an Edlebrock 1405 to my "A" manifold? Thanks in advance for you comments.
Gene
Dobie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is what you're looking for:

https://www.amazon.com/Holley-Edelbrock-4-Barrel-Carburetor-Adapter/dp/B01N6UZ1RQ
oldcarmark
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Transdapt 2064.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I’m not positive on the difference between a 2064 and 2062 but on Jegs there is a review on the 2062 who put it on a 55 Ford manifold and it work perfect for them. They did use a Holley but I believe the Edelbrock and Holley have the same bolt pattern. I do remember needing to purchase Allen head bolts and grind off part of the head to mount an adapter to a small base manifold for clearance years ago. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
57RancheroJim
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The adapter I used on one of my A manifolds had tapered holes to match the smaller 1.5 holes in the manifold. Sorry I don't recall the part number but I think I got it from Summit.
Gene Purser
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thanks for the link and part numbers. This should get me going.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter