Profile Picture

Question regarding Vintage Car Led headlights

Posted By 312YBlock 3 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)Supercharged (591 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I just copied this photo from a post on FB and answered my own question. They are installed on a 57 other FB photos are amazing. I believe the same headlight dimensions were used 55-57, I’d like to put them on my 12 v 55.

1955 312 T-Bird Warwick, NY
suede57ford
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I recently upgraded the headlights in my RanchWagon to a set of Vintage Car LED's.   One evening this summer I was trying to get home during a rain storm and my traditional headlights were very useless against the bright lights of the other modern cars on the road. 

These are direct replacements  and plugged right in.  From what i understand is they do not require any upgrades to the wiring as they use less amps. 

It takes some experimenting to adjust them to get best compromise of distance and width. 

They color is very white compared to the original yellow light.   The distance and rightness are significant increases.   The brightness and distance seems to be similar to my new car with the low beams on.  I think you could do most all of you driving int he low beam settings and feel safe.  I noticed the high beam light pattern was not very defined compared to the low beam wide bright light.   I think that you probably wouldn't need to use the brights as they work pretty good for a retrofit
Are they as nice of a pattern as a brand new car? No really,, but the brightness and clarity is dramatically better than the a modern performance sealed beam.

The newest glass lens they sell has a little more European look than the lamp pictured above as it's the previous design. I think the shape of the lines on the lines on the lens are what they use to diffuse the light pattern, thethe latest classic design reminds me a a early German car bulb.   "vintagecarleds.com" is the website.   I spent about $250 for eh upgrade.

They are definitely not the original looking lens, but do look pretty vintage but not exactly correct for our cars. 

It's a compromise that seems to make me more comfortable driving at night.

Remember adjusting them to get a good balance of distance without bothering other drives is the key to getting the most out of them.

Pat Fleischman

Reading This Topic

Site Meter