Profile Picture

Harry Hutten spotted at the Kilkare drag strip in Dayton, Ohio...

Posted By Daniel Jessup 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Harry Hutten spotted at the Kilkare drag strip in Dayton, Ohio...

Author
Praise Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
My friend Tony Fritz told me about the "gathering of the geezers" (yes, that is what they call this race day each year) BigGrin and although I was only able to literally stop by for a few hours on my way from Milford, Ohio to Ypsilanti, Michigan, who did I spot but our own Harry Hutten? Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5f4bdf7e-9b2f-41ba-b71d-d3e.jpeg
Harry was glad he had his water pump issue sorted out from the problems he had at Fast Fords in June. The heat index felt like triple digits, but nothing kept Harry from running that Y Block full tilt. I did video record one of his runs because he asked me to get an angle from the rear, wanting to know if his tires were spinning. I had to leave the race early just as eliminations were getting ready to start, but Harry was running in the 12's pretty easily. As far as we know, he was the only one that had a Y Block powered car in the race... and as you veterans know he was turning heads when people found out what was under the hood. As Bob Martin says in the Y Block Magazine - "Salute!" Tongue

Anyone on the site ever been out to this track?

I was not expecting to take any video of Harry so I wasn't prepared for his request and that's my fault, but at any rate here is a brief clip of his car in action at the track. He said that this was the slowest the car ran all day through the traps but if you watch his launch you can tell why he ended up in the very low 13's in the clip. All of his other time slips were in the 12's.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Daniel, I have raced at Kil-Kare in the days before the Y Block Shootouts.  Now defunct Performance Ford Club of America ran some of their events there.  I ran with them, won a Stock Eliminator event and my First Nostalgia class race.  Finished 3rd in their points chase.  Nice facility.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
hjh
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)Supercharged (348 reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
Daniel  Thanks for getting thru the crowd  (too many people close to the burn out box) and getting the video as sticky as the track was I did`nt think I would turn them but it is good to see any way. Went 4 rounds , it was 6 to win it. This included a .0037 reaction which got me bye run early on. Yes the Shot-Out was a disaster for me this year but not as Bob Bell or Dennis Leaking. Well run track with all nice people working     Harry Hutten Jr.
Lord Gaga
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I too was a member of PFCA, Canton OH chapter. A great group and a lot of fun. I saw you at Kil-Kare back in the 80's at an all Ford weekend and your '57 blew me away.
I've made the suggestion before that the Y shootout should be held at Kil-Kare. It's a neat track in a nice small town with close by lodging and there's a nice circle track near for some evening entertainment! 
Kil-Kare for 2022!
Hoosier Hurricane (8/24/2021)
Daniel, I have raced at Kil-Kare in the days before the Y Block Shootouts.  Now defunct Performance Ford Club of America ran some of their events there.  I ran with them, won a Stock Eliminator event and my First Nostalgia class race.  Finished 3rd in their points chase.  Nice facility.

"FREE SAMPLE"
yalincoln
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
good job Harry! keep them guessing! i'm glad to hear that you're still at it!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter