Profile Picture

Off topic problem. Hoping for help!

Posted By MoonShadow 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 hours ago
I am having a problem with my 1997 Dodge Maxi Wagon (Van). While in Ohio the four way flasher unit stuck in the down position. No four ways, no brake lights and no turn signals. I bought a complete new turn signal switch assembly and switched it out. Still nothing! The running lights, headlights and the third brake light work fine. My garage guy is tracing and has so far found one lead at the flasher that is supposed to be hot when the key is on. It's dead. I've checked all know fuses multiple times. Today I suggested he check the brake light switch to see if it failed. Other than  that I am at wits end. Does anybody have experience with this type of problem or know someone that had a similar problem? Leaving for Bonneville July 30 and really need the lights working properly. Any help or suggestions? Thanks for letting me post this way off topic problem.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
The shop you have it in doesn't have ALLDATA with access to wiring diagrams and specific repair information?

MoonShadow
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

He does and is tracing the circuits. Its such a strange problem that I thought someone may have seen it before. I was sure replacing the turn signal assembly would cure it but no joy there. He's chasing wires again today! Thanks for the response.d

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Is the hazard switch integral with the combination switch? Did he pull TSB's?

MoonShadow
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

No TSB's. The turn signal switch and hazard switch are the same unit. I had a previous problem with the sticky hazard switch that was in a position to kill the turn signals. That's why I thought to replace the unit first. Appears to be a problem elsewhere. The fellow that has it is very good and will surely find it but I was hoping someone had a similar problem and could help. I'll let you know what fixes it.

Y's guys rule!

MoonShadow
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. We were finally able to track down the problem to a corroded connector under the dash. Could have thrown parts at it all day and still not fixed it. Anyway all is well now and I can get ready to head to Bonneville in 11 days!

Y's guys rule!

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Careful if you drive on the salt under any conditions unless perfectly dry. If wet the drying vapor will eat into every thing especially connectors under the car where turning front tires spray wet or dry salt up. After driving there since 1974 I will no longer take a personal vehicle on the salt. Have fun and enjoy it. I always did. 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter