Profile Picture

Replacement Battery 55 Fairlane 6 Volt 272

Posted By Meandean 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)Supercharged (464 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The car had a tractor battery in it that actually has lasted about 9 years.

Looking around for a replacement that will fit with some good CCA.

Looked at the Optima and it looks great.  But they don't sell one that fits the car.  It's actually quite a bit smaller, especially width.  And a bit pricey too.

The local Farm store has a 6 Volt with 900+  CCA.   It actually seems like a near perfect fit for the battery tray.  Dimensions are 12 1/2" x 6 7/8" x 9 1/2".

I measured the length and width of the tray and it looks like it fits.  I'm a bit concerned about the height.  Measuring it the best I could it looks like there will be about 2 1/2" clearance from the bottom of the hood to the terminals.

Can anyone tell me the original stock battery dimensions?  And/or if this will fit?

paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Run a long board across the fenders (right at the edge of the fender) where the battery tray sits.  Then measure down so see if you have enough room to check your measurements. 

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

cokefirst
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)Supercharged (298 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
10 x 5 9/16 x 8 15/16  this is the dimensions for the BCI 2N battery.   One of the confusing things is that Ford made a 2N tractor and that is NOT what the 2N battery size refers to .   The 2N battery is getting more and more difficult to find.  unless you have to have the Ford Power Punch battery in your car for judging purposes, I would not purchase one of these replacements.  They use a motorcycle battery inside and lack the resilience of a lead/acid battery.  
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Below is the BATTERY APPLICATION CHART from the 1949/69 FOR CAR MPC.
It will give you capacity and sizing -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6fb1133f-ee49-4aee-a983-7b29.png

Reading This Topic

Site Meter