Profile Picture

Newbie Introduction

Posted By ac289ace 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Greetings to all. I have joined the forum as I am finding I need help, and an education with Y blocks. I recently bought a 1957 T-Bird that had sat in a garage in Los Angeles since 1972. I thought it would be an easy task to bring it back to life, but then found the 312 was cracked in the main webs so the search was on for a new engine. During that search I have found my knowledge is very lacking on Y-blocks. I will post some questions shortly in the Technical section and hope the brain trust can help me in bring my T-Bird back back to life.
Jay in Prescott Az
Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Welcome to the site.  Just post questions or comments as they come to you.  There is a very diverse group of knowledge on this site.  Likewise, if you can help, feel free to post also.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Welcome to the forum - lots of knowledgable, friendly guys here that are sure to lend a hand. If you ever have time you may want to visit www.hotrodreverend.com/blog. I have thousands of videos and pictures archived on my 55 Ford Fairlane build. While it isn't a Tbird of course, there are some parts (especially the Y block) that the cars share. Maybe it will be a help to you.

Dan

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

ac289ace
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)Supercharged (95 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Daniel Jessup (6/24/2021)
Welcome to the forum - lots of knowledgable, friendly guys here that are sure to lend a hand. If you ever have time you may want to visit www.hotrodreverend.com/blog. I have thousands of videos and pictures archived on my 55 Ford Fairlane build. While it isn't a Tbird of course, there are some parts (especially the Y block) that the cars share. Maybe it will be a help to you.

Dan

Thanks Daniel, I'll check out your blog. I may be working on a Tbird, but like most old cars so I am sure I will find things of interest at your blog.
PF Arcand
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
ace: Just a note on your dillema. I don't have the tec details here, but here's a thought to check out... Depending on the condition of your existing Crank assembly, it may be possible to have the crank's mains turned down to the same as 272-292 mains & used in a 292 block, bored 0.50 thou over, to make a 312 engine. This has been done before.. Check your pieces out.. 

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter