Profile Picture

Dragway 42 Shooting

Posted By Larry Short 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Just to show we are not safe anywhere, google Dragway 42 shooting. Happen this weekend, crazy world we live in these days.    
Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
FWIW, here is a news article that includes a video statement by a deputy sheriff who arrived on scene. 
https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/crime/dragway-42-shooting-wayne-county-ohio/95-fb481009-b6e1-4c93-8298-ffe2edd12311

I texted Mary Anne Matcham (she and her husband Ron own the track and rent it out to groups like us) and she says many of them are still in shock. This is obviously not the norm for their facility I am sure. Alcohol and firearms obviously do not mix well. 

Tony Fritz (the financier and coordinator of Fast Fords, of which the Y Block Shootout is piggy-backing onto for the weekend) told me today that he is going to speak with Mary Anne later on today to get more details and let me know if there are any changes to the weekend. For those that are wondering, Ron does not do much with communications with people like us who coordinate racing (although he did talk to me the day that I toured the track facility) - Mary Anne does all of that leg work for the both of them since Ron owns/operates an injection-molding company nearby.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

We are reaping what we sowed in my opinion

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Don’t flip off anyone in California; it cost one woman her child’s life. She admitted doing it.
don’t drive slow or even the speed limit in the carpool lane, if tailgated get out of the way as soon as possible, under no circumstances slow down. Do not look at anyone when you drive..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Drylakesracer, good advice. I've lived in CA all of my 66 years. I've literally slowed down over the years, usually setting cruise at 65, which is the max speed limit on most of California's multi-lane highways. I stay in the far-right (slow lane), except to pass (infrequently), and immediately return to slow lane. However, no matter in which state you live, don't road-hog. If someone wants to go faster, move over and let him/her pass. You want to be a traffic cop? They are being shot, too. Be familiar with your surroundings, keep your doors locked and your windows up (if you have a/c), and avoid being out after the bars close. Carry a gun? You're part of the problem.
Tedster
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
55blacktie (6/14/2021)
Carry a gun? You're part of the problem.

Comment was deleted by the moderators.  Profanity to this degree is totally uncalled for.  Keep it civil or simply don't post!!!!
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
DAMN!

NOTE -

Rest of my original post deleted. Political discussion has no place here. It is meant to be a place of entertainment/knowledge. What goes on in the outside world should have no bearing.

Joe-JDC
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
When we were stationed in Germany for three years, we had to get an international drivers license to drive there and in Europe.  One of the laws that I found to be a very good law was:  Slower traffic move right.  When you pass a vehicle, move back right.  Left lane for passing only.  One that I did not agree with was : Clear to the rear before turning left.  Sometimes those folks were flying low and would pass you as you slowed down to turn left.  If you turned and they hit you, you were at fault.  This generation of drivers has lost all respect/fear/common courtesy when it comes to driving.  AND, concealed carry is a necessity in today's world.   Joe-JDC

JDC
paul2748
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

That shows a lot of maturity

Tedster (6/15/2021)
55blacktie (6/14/2021)
Carry a gun? You're part of the problem.

Eat A Bag Of Dicks, Asshole

Then eat the bag.

Thanks.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Ted
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
As Kultulz brings up, don’t make this POLITICAL.  Personal beliefs belong at the voting stations, not on this site.  By the same token, keep the profanity away.  There’s enough words in the English language to get the point across without sloshing around in the gutter.  While I’m not in the practice of banning members from the site for the use of profanity or irrational views, the owner of the site does not have a problem with banning those that may be having issues with their meds.  Keep the political views in check guys.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter