Profile Picture

Junkyard finds

Posted By junkyardjeff 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Found the good ratio rocker arms on a 57 F350 in a local junkyard today,it made me sick that it looked like it had G heads but with no hood or carb so plenty of water went in it but will be going back next weekend to see if I can get the distributor out of it.  When I first started going to this junkyard the truck was near the office and had the hood on it and if I knew what I know now I would have grabbed that engine right after it was moved.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1c1aef3b-02c6-4e17-aee2-dc47.jpg

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Can you make out the CASTING ID NO on the arms?

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Yes ECG 6564

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I also found this if anyone is interested in the 215/223 sixes,its in a cement mixer and hooked to the older style transhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d088ea29-58b2-48cb-812a-8a77.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Yes ECG 6564

Was there a A or B after that CASTING ID NO?

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

A-2

KULTULZ
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

THANX! Jeff ...

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I am going to clean them up and install as is and see how it goes,I got another set but they came out of a damp shed and some are frozen up but not nealy as bad as the other two sets in the junkyard. One set sat out open and could not get them to budge and on the other 57 the valve covers were rusted out so I can imagine they are rough.

carl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
junkyardjeff (3/30/2021)
I am going to clean them up and install as is and see how it goes,I got another set but they came out of a damp shed and some are frozen up but not nealy as bad as the other two sets in the junkyard. One set sat out open and could not get them to budge and on the other 57 the valve covers were rusted out so I can imagine they are rough.
Jeff take the plugs out of the end of the shafts and clean the inside of them.a lot of gunk hides in there  Carl

junkyardjeff
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Got the distributor from that truck today and when I pulled the intake to get room to remove it those G heads had water sitting in them so they are junk and that pipe wrench made it easy to break it loose.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/da6a4f10-c74e-4b56-896c-910b.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter