Profile Picture

Modern Super Chargers?

Posted By Florida_Phil 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Phil. The gentleman I talked to with the Sunliner had a C-4 and a 9” rear with higher gears so he didn’t worry about original stuff. The car had nice 15” wheels and Aerostar springs(why I did mine) and disc brakes. Other than the slight rake and wheels the car looked completely stock which is very popular today and actually always too me.

I have twice in my 56 Victoria than I could ever get for it and can care less. I’ve done it all over the last 9 years. If I wanted a blower, I’d just go do it but that’s just me. Other than running out of time we are comfortable enough and enjoy what we have. You make your own “luck” as my dad would say by the right choices in life.. this site is one of the best on the net....

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
suede57ford
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Reproduction Mounting Brackets for Thunderbird(RH mounting) with VR57/58 are available as are Passenger Car (LH mounting) from another forum member.

Ebay pricing often does not reflect what parts trade for between members.

Pat Fleischman

Florida_Phil
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

i guess it depends on what turns you on.  This is not my first classic car, it will most likely be my last. For the money it would cost me to supercharge my Tbird, I could replace the 292 with a big block.  To me, popping the hood to show a dual quad FE with pent roof valve covers would be many levels higher than a blower 292. I understand this is not an opinion shared among all forum members. I am always looking for ways to improve my car. Everything is a trade off of some kind. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter