Profile Picture

Y Block Shootout in June at Dragway 42 in Ohio

Posted By Daniel Jessup 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
A little rain this morning but the afternoon was great.  The weather has been better than predicted earlier in the week.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
This was my first Y Block Shootout and I was fortunate enough with my schedule to be there for all 3 days at West Salem, Ohio. You guys are the best! While I was chewing on Ted's ear trying to "steal" some Y block power tips he broke out his camera and took a few photos. My buddy happened to be there and snapped this shot as well... Charlie McCraney is on the far left, but beyond Ted, myself (I'm in the red coveralls), and Royce Brechler (with the baseball cap) I need some help remembering all these faces. http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4b19a71c-2a8e-4c1e-aee4-5cb.jpeg

I learned quite a bit about bracket racing, and drag racing in general, in a very short amount of time - a testament to these guys standing here (and others not pictured who were just across the access road). If I started naming names I would leave so many helpful people out! I cannot say thanks enough to all of you guys who were there, and even the ones who did not make it (our own Dennis Leeking had trouble and had to be hauled home we found out later). I am already looking forward to next year.

If ever you forum members can attend one of these events I highly recommend you do so. The veterans take in new guys like you and me who have no idea what we're doing and they take their time explaining the shootout and answering our questions. At this particular track the tech part of preparation to race was a breeze, and the track staff did a good job of managing the racing surface. As Bob Martin says, "Salute!" Tongue

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Reading This Topic

Site Meter