Profile Picture

Y Block Shootout in June at Dragway 42 in Ohio

Posted By Daniel Jessup 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Last week I was privileged to attend a preliminary meeting about the possibility of a Y Block Shootout taking place in West Salem, Ohio at Dragway 42. Tony Fritz (one of my neighbors and the race coordinator) met with me, our own Bob Martin, and Tony's man who does graphic design - Dave Reed, at a local restaurant to discuss the possibility of our Y Block racers joining the event. I know that Bob does not get on the forum here that much so I hope you racers don't mind me giving some updates on the information. Bob can be contacted at bob.flash.martin@gmail.com if you need further information. Once I have a PDF or another graphics file for the promotional flyer I will post that as well.

At any rate, here are the details thus far:

Date: June 18-20, 2021
Track: Dragway 42 in West Salem, Ohio www.dragway42.com (the calendar on their website does not have the updated promotional flyer as of yet, but the weekend for Fast Fords is slated)
Hotels: (Tony Fritz has blocked off a limited number of hotel rooms)
Best Western Plus Hotel and Conference Center ($89.99)
243 E. Liberty 
Wooster, Ohio 44691
(330) 264-7750
or 
Quality Inn ($99.99)
741 US Hwy 250 East
Ashland, Ohio 44805
(419) 281-8090

Seated below from left to right, Daniel Jessup (aka the Hot Rod Reverend), Tony Fritz, Dave Reed, and our own Bob Martin!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e2042f48-9d65-4880-bab8-a395.jpg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Lord Gaga
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
THAT'S GREAT NEWS!

"FREE SAMPLE"
MoonShadow
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Thanks for the heads up. I am so ready to get out of the house for a weekend!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
charliemccraney
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I just booked at Best Western, Wooster.  The rooms in the block are taken but they still have rooms and are honoring the rate.

About a week ago, I checked online an the rate was less than the block rate but something came up and I didn't have time to finish booking.  Next time I checked it was up.. and up and up.

Lawrenceville, GA
Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

I spent about an hour with Tony Fritz on Saturday evening - great guy and very personable. He took some time to show me two of his 427 powered cars. (his Maverick race car was at the shop getting some spring perches installed) I offered to print full color programs for the race that would include the schedule, a track map, etc, and of course a few words from the Hot Rod Reverend. Tongue
While the main promotional flyer is still being modified (I don't think the gate fee is on there yet), Tony did say that his graphics man has the windshield sticker about ready to go...
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/01432f97-4b58-43d0-a6c6-a3e.jpeg

Tony said he would get me the digital files and artwork so that my guy can begin the formatting and all. If you have any print-ready graphics (hi-resolution and all of that) for the Y Block, you can send them my way to danaxjessup@yahoo.com or visit my site at www.hotrodreverend.com and contact me that way - no problem. I told Tony, and of course I will tell all of you, that there are two things I am praying about ahead of time: GOOD WEATHER and SAFETY. Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ede7f404-56fe-47e5-9350-ea67.jpg
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f6138cc6-32dd-486f-8829-9b36.jpg
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/0abdcb95-5de9-4719-ac42-ee4e.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/387cee42-19ec-4f1b-9e50-5f50.jpg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Fellas, here is the final version of the flyer and race details. I will see if I can get a clearer image - I converted a PDF to a Jpeg. I can email you a better version if you contact me at danaxjessup@yahoo.com. Further details from a recent Facebook group post...

4-22-21 Announcements and Final Flyer. Please help make this event the premier ALL FORD Event.• Final Flyer is attached with payouts and details. • Hotels are booking up fast so make your reservations soon. FYI, there are other hotels in Ashland, OH (Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn etc.) in addition to the Best Western and Quality Inn.

• Dragway 42 is a big facility with over 750 possible pit spaces. I would recommend bringing a pit vehicle if possible as you may be a long way from the starting line. Golf carts will be available for rent on site. (see below)• Golf carts will be located by "The She Shed" on the pit side (SR 42 entry).4 and 6 passenger carts are available. Rates vary.4 passenger rates -- $75/day bringing cart back by 8pmWeekend rates are available. Call to make reservations. It is suggested to reserve as supplies are limited. Cool Cart DepotC & C Sales & Services, LLC44884 US 20Oberlin, OH 44074(440) 775-1300, option 4• Track radio station is 105.9. I suggest bring a radio to hear PA announcements etc.

• Track is open for a Thursday evening event and will try and open Friday at 1pm for early parking. Check track website for details. www.dragway42.com
• Finally, Please support and Thank our sponsors as well as Dragway 42 as this event would not be possible without their help and support.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/99d5295d-365b-44bd-8fbb-5e8f.jpg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Lord Gaga
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
"Dragway 42 is a big facility with over 750 possible pit spaces. I would recommend bringing a pit vehicle if possible as you may be a long way from the starting line."

Like what? A skateboard?!
Aren't we going to have a designated pit area like we did at Nat. Trail?
A radio? I don't want to be plugged in to a radio. I'm having second thoughts about attending this event.

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

When I get with Bob Martin next week I will ask him about this - the designated pit area - but I would assume so. I seem to recall some talk about that between Tony and Bob last month.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

charliemccraney
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
A bike, golf cart, skate board, if you like.

A radio is necessary, no matter what.  It can be hard to hear what's going on, otherwise.

If it is first come, first serve, our pit area probably won't be too bad because people typically arrive early.  If the space is designated by the track, then we'll have to see.  Since they know we are coming, I'm sure we'll have a good place.

Lawrenceville, GA
Buzz
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)Supercharged (143 reputation)

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8686a61f-7eb7-4a7a-9f12-698.jpeg

Woodland Hills,Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter