Profile Picture

Damper Dudes

Posted By 55blacktie 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
I just unboxed my Damper Dudes rebuilt 1955 T-bird crankshaft damper. I am very pleased with the damper and overall experience of dealing with Ronald Slater of Damper Dudes. I had read reviews for both Damper Dudes and Damper Doctor, which are just a few miles from each other and within 200 miles of my home. After talking to Ted, however, I went with Damper Dudes. They received my damper on a Monday, and it was shipped back to me 2 days later, arriving Friday morning. 

Ronald said that my damper was in pretty good shape; most of the dampers they receive have been beaten with hammers. Not wanting to hammer/pry mine off, I used the correct puller. I have no doubt that it made the job of removing it easier, while preventing any damage o the damper in the process.

Thanks, Ted, for recommending Damper Dudes.

mikeT
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)Supercharged (124 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
if you don't mind could I ask what  it cost ? Mine has a groove where the seal rides . do they correct that also?
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Mike T, my groove was slight, but instead of polishing it out, they used a new collar/sleeve, which seems to be the standard repair. 

I paid about $18 to ship via USPS, using my box, to Damper Dudes. The cost to rebuild, including tax and return shipping, was $204 and change. They gave me the option of UPS/USPS, with USPS being about $5 cheaper. Living within 200 miles of Damper Dudes, my shipping costs might be less than yours. 
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Damper Dude sent my '64 292 single shiv  about 3 weeks ago and it looks very good. They are very fast to return - cost me $125 but the T-Bird damper mentioned above may be more. The timing marks are not as deep as they were but are still usable though. I'm guessing it spends a lot of time in the blasting cabinet?  The journal on my damper was in very good shape so I asked them not to sleeve it.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Mine was $159 about 2 years ago. I could see the marks but took the edge of a file to make them sharper and painted them white. I have a 292 extra that needs to be sent also. I’m about 200 miles from them. Very quick turnaround.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
yblock57
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)Supercharged (240 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Dad used them for his single-groove damper on his '56 crown 312. Happy with the service. Shipping took 3 days. He's in Houston, TX.

We'll use them for the other cars as needed.

Kent — Round Rock, TX
'56 F-100  | '56 Crown Vic  |  '57 Fairlaine 500  |  '57 Thunderbird

Reading This Topic

Site Meter