Profile Picture

56 Victoria rear seat

Posted By geo56 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5b6174a2-43fd-430e-bf17-9fb5.jpg
I am building a 56 Victoria 2 dr ht and what I started with was a car that was parted out years ago. I am now searching for various parts to make it complete again. I have a theory that a lot of otherwise good 55-56 fords died an early death because of rusted front crossmembers. Anyway, I have a lower back seat but need the upper back seat. I ran across an upper back seat from a 55 Fairlane 2dr ht on ebay and wonder if anyone knows if the two years are the same other than the stuffing. I am aware that sedan seats won't work because of the side ashtray panels only on the two dr ht.   George
DryLakesRacer
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The illustrations catalog I have does not show the soft trim(I’ll show its cover) of the back seats of the Victoria models. In there are where these parts are shown, a reference is made to Soft Trim catalog #7515.
If some one here has this catalog they can look it if for you. I do not have one.
I did a search on a a 55 Victoria for sale on you tube. It’s turquoise and White if you find it. About 3/4 the way thru it shows the rear seat. It has the “notches” cut out for the arm rests like the 56. Since the tops were a different design they might be different but it sure looks like the on in my 56 Victoria,
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c101254e-1c35-4d2b-adf2-a7d2.jpg 

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
geo56
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)Supercharged (277 reputation)

I did the same thing you did and looked at some cars for sale on ebay. They both have armrest panels and both years appear to be notched out the same. Glad Ted edited both our posts and straightened out our pictures. I tried but I'm old and gave up.
carl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
are you still looking for a rear seat for your 56 vic  Carl
geo56
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I fpund one on ebay in Minnesota. It had been hanging in a garage for years.. Cost as much to ship as the cost of seat. I was just glad to find one. Thanks for asking though.
carl
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Glad you found one,the one i have is just the seat with no upholstery  Carl 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter