Profile Picture

Paint

Posted By montana ford man 3 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
not yblock but I bought a work car a2004 ford focus. The young guy that had it didnt like the purple factory paint job so he got some blue paint and just painted over the factory paint job.he never sanded anything and never put on more than one coat. My question is how can i remove this terrible paint job without damaging the factory paint? There is paint coming off around the door handles and windows and the old paint is shiny and looks great.i got some of it off with a pressure washer but most of it stayed on. Anybody have any suggestions?
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Try rubbing compound paste, not the liquid form. I hope you got a good deal. 
montana ford man
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)Supercharged (286 reputation)

Thanks my brother and i bought it for my mother. she is in an elderly care facility now so i just bought it to go to work in.better on fuel than my 2001 f350 diesel dually.she never cared what it looked like as long as she could go to the store( she just turned 95)
55blacktie
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Don't lose any sleep over it. I'm retired, restoring my inherited 55 T-bird. On one hand, I do care what it looks like, and not likely to cut corners. But it's taking too long, costs too much, and at my age (66), I don't seek/want attention. Cars, and other things, can become an unhealthy obsession. There are more important things to lose sleep over. Better to consider it just a means of transportation. What's most important with any car/truck is that it is safe, reliable, and doesn't cost a fortune to keep.

Let me know if the rubbing compound (and elbow grease) works. Your mother will be pleasantly surprised if you can bring the original paint back to life. 
montana ford man
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

im going to try the rubbing compound when the weather warms up(was 15 below this morning)  too cold in my garage even with a fire in the stove!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter